Construction Journal Entry Week of 10/29/23

10/31-11/3/23 I went up to Camp Serendipity for four days: Tuesday through Friday.

I had a doctor's appointment in the morning, so I didn't leave home until 11:30. When I tried to stop at Deception Falls to take my usual walk, I found that it was closed for the season. Instead, I walked up a gravel road across the highway that turned out to be a service road for a cell tower. I arrived at Camp Serendipity at 2:10. I brought my gear up in two trips, hoisted the flag, and had my lunch and a nap. The day was about gone so I did my exercises, had my shower, and fixed my dinner.

On Wednesday morning the temperature outside was 20 degrees and my hose was frozen solid. It seemed out of the question that I could mix mortar anymore this season. I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and then went down to the crawl space. I placed the six Styrofoam vent blocks in the vent openings to keep the inside of the crawl space from freezing.

Then I shut off the water to the hose, drained the hoses and then turned my attention to the scaffold system for laying up stones in the spring.

After lunch and a nap, I went for a walk and ran into Ron and Dean. Dean was in a rush, but Ron came in to see and visit the cabin. While we were in the loft, I played a few pieces on the piano for him. When he was done visiting, I walked him down to his truck. I asked him about the trailer he had bought from me, and he said that he had given it away to someone.

On Thursday it rained cats and dogs all night. When I got up, I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and then called Costco for some advice on fixing my hearing aid. They told me how to clear the wax out of it and it started working again.

After lunch and a nap, I filled the water jugs and then since the rain had let up I walked to the grave. There was a light rain at times but I didn't get very wet.

On Friday I started out by practicing the piano and listening to the radio. Then I loaded the water jugs into the truck and went for another walk to the grave. I left for home at 1:00 Thinking about what I would be doing until I could lay up stones again.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2023 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.