Construction Journal Entry Week of 3/17/19

3/19-21/19 I went up to Camp Serendipity for 3 days: Tuesday through Thursday.

I was feeling better but I was still coughing so I called Earl and told him I would not stop in and visit. I arrived at Camp Serendipity at 1:30. The weather was beautiful and sunny. It was about 60 outside. I took my gear up to the cabin in two trips. The staircase was bare and dry, and the trails were firm enough to walk on if you were careful. The back steps and porch were also pretty much clear of snow. Spring is on the way.

After hoisting the flag and building a small fire in the stove, I had my lunch and my usual nap. By the time I got up, it was too late to get any appreciable work done.

On Wednesday the temperature outside was 20 when I got up. The sky was clear and there was some kind of special full moon out. After breakfast, I sanded all the 2x4s with 120 grit paper to prepare them for the next coat of varnish. I wasn't sure I had enough varnish so I drove to Plain Hardware and bought another can just to make sure.

When I got back, Byron and Barb stopped just as I was getting out of my truck. They told me that they had both been sick during the same time I had been sick, but they evidently had it worse than I had. They were both bedridden and had fevers. I felt fortunate that I didn't have it quite that bad. I think I am getting well but I am scheduled to get a chest X-ray anyway just to make sure there is nothing serious wrong.

After having my lunch and a nap, I varnished the second coat on all the 2x4s. They are going to turn out nice.

On Thursday morning the temperature outside was 25 outside when I got up. The weather seems to be warming up now that Spring is officially here.

After breakfast, I sanded all the 2x4s with 220 grit paper to prepare them for the third and final coat of varnish. When I finished, Robert called and caught me up on what he has been doing. He may store some of his equipment at Camp Serendipity in the next couple weeks and I told him that it would be OK because there is plenty of room.

I left for home at 12:40 feeling like I am back in the normal swing of things.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2019 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.