Construction Journal Entry Week of 10/30/22

10/31-11/4/22 I went up to Camp Serendipity for five days: Monday through Friday.

It rained most of the way over. I arrived at 11:45 and carried my gear up in one trip during the last of the rain. It stopped raining just as I finished. I hoisted the flag, had my lunch and a nap, practiced the piano, and then vacuumed up the flies from the floor.

On Tuesday it was 30 degrees and clear when I got up. I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and then did some writing.

After lunch and a nap, I decided to walk to the grave for exercise. Just as I left the cabin, Dave and Nancy came up the steps and gave me some information about the emergency preparedness group they have organized. I walked down to the road with them and then proceeded on my walk to the grave. On my way back, Byron came by with a trailer full of gravel and we chatted for a moment before I continued on to the cabin.

Next, I did some writing and then started working on cutting the notches for the lower cabinet panel meeting the log wall.

On Wednesday the temperature outside was 24 degrees when I got up. I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and finished cutting the notches in the log wall.

After lunch and a nap, I did some writing and then varnished the notches I had cut. After washing out my brush, I did some reading.

On Thursday it was 20 degrees outside. I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and then had my lunch and a nap. When I got up, I filled out a questionnaire that was part of the material Dave and Nancy had given me and then I brought the completed questionnaire to their house and left it just inside the door. Apparently, no one was home. When I got back I cut the two panels for height for the back of the cabinets. With the panels cut I could determine the size of the scriber I would need so I rebuilt the scriber to the new size. Then I scribed the panel and made the first rough cut with a Saber saw. At 6:00 o'clock in the evening it started to snow.

On Friday morning there was 10 inches of new snow on the ground, and it had started to rain. I practiced the piano and listened to the radio. Then I prepared to leave for home. I carried my gear to the truck and was able to find my aluminum scoop buried under the snow in the truck bed. I used the scoop to clear the snow off the truck so I could drive away. I left for home at 12:10 and had no trouble getting out of the driveway through 10 inches of snow using 4 wheel drive. It looks like winter might be setting in. I am happy that the air is clear and the fires are out.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2022 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.