Construction Journal Entry Week of 7/16/23

7/17-21/23 I went up to Camp Serendipity for five days: Monday through Friday.

On the way I stopped at Costco to set up a hearing aid appointment. I arrived at Camp Serendipity at 12:40. The weather was nice and cool. I made the first trip up to the cabin with some of my gear, then hoisted the flag, and then had my lunch and a nap. When I got up, I took the wheelbarrow down to the truck for a second trip with the rest of my gear. By the time I put the stuff away, the day was over.

On Tuesday the temperature outside when I got up was 45 degrees. I had left the windows open overnight so inside the temperature was 59 degrees. I put a warm jacket on and practiced the piano.

Next, I went for a walk to the bridge and saw Nancy outside as I went by. She remarked that it was nice that the mosquitoes were almost gone. I agreed.

As I got within sight of the bridge, I saw a coyote walk up onto the road. Then he walked on the road in my direction for aways and then went back down into the bushes.

There was a car parked on the side of the road near the bridge. From the bridge I saw someone walking on a road near the river to the east. He had two dogs with him, and I could see one of them was Roxy. When we met, I learned his name is Dean Leroy. We talked for a while and then started walking toward his house. The parked car was not his and he had thought that it belonged to me so neither of us figured out whose car it was. Dean's dog is named River which caused me some confusion for a while after he said he owned River. Then, the four of us walked to his house which is right at the intersection of the White River Rd. and Lake Wenatchee Highway. After he went into his house I continued to the cabin.

After lunch and a nap, I spent the rest of the afternoon reading.

On Wednesday I practiced the piano and then went out and walked to the bridge again. It was earlier so it was cooler. I walked on the road Dean had walked for the first time. I learned that it goes quite a way and then it goes down to the river where there is an electrical hookup and some propane cylinders that I think are used in a fish counting machine the government uses there.

On the way back I saw Pam and Mike Newman just leaving so I talked with them for a short while. Back in the cabin I listened to the radio and then had my lunch and a nap. When I got up, I spent the rest of the afternoon reading. The temperature inside the cabin was 75 degrees but it was 90 degrees outside.

On Thursday morning it was 60 degrees in the cabin and 45 degrees outside. I practiced the piano, and then fertilized Tiger the snake plant. Then I filled all the water jugs and carried them down to the truck and loaded them. Then I used Cindy to cut down a lot of brush around the hairpin turn. Then I went in and had my lunch and a nap. When I got up, I took the mosquito net tent down and stored it away for the next mosquito season. I'm glad that season is over.

On Friday morning I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, did some dusting, and swept off the front porch. Then I had a short nap and had some lunch. I left for home at 1:00 o'clock after having a rather relaxing week. It was fun.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2023 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.