Construction Journal Entry Week of 2/20/22

2/21-24/22 I went up to Camp Serendipity for four days: Monday through Thursday.

On the way, I stopped at the post office and the CPA office to deliver our tax material. The drive over was beautiful. There was new snow covering the trees and the road was in good shape. I arrived at 1:15. The driveway had been halfway plowed but I still parked right at the entrance like I have been doing. The trails were frozen hard, and the staircase was clear, so I had no trouble bringing my gear up in one trip. It started snowing just as I got there but it quit again after a half-hour or so.

After lunch and a nap, I built a fire in the stove to warm the place up for my shower.

On Tuesday I started by practicing the piano. Then I carried up five planks that I had staged on the front porch and placed them on top of the scaffold tower. That made a good platform for installing the last loft light on the ridgepole. I set the step ladder on top of the platform to hold onto while I work and to provide a handy shelf for my tools. I took a picture of this setup and then installed the fixture under the ridgepole.

After lunch and a nap, I did some work preparing the rigging that I will use for lowering the scaffold frames down from the loft. I spent the rest of the afternoon writing.

On Wednesday morning the temperature outside was 5 degrees. I started a fire in the stove. I felt crummy and had another episode of feeling lightheaded and unsteady. My blood pressure was normal but I had forgotten to load the Kardiamobile app on my phone so I couldn't take an EKG. I spent the morning relaxing and listening to the radio, and I practiced the piano.

After lunch and a nap, I went down to the truck, drove to Ron Siderits' place, loaded the app, and returned. I still felt crummy, but my EKG reading looked OK.

In the evening when I talked to Ellen I told her about my unsteadiness.

On Thursday morning I felt worse. Ellen called to find out how I felt, and we decided that I should cut my trip short and go home right after lunch. I had no appetite so I could only eat half my breakfast. I ate the other half for lunch. I left for home at 1:30. It was a big disappointment to have my week end like that.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2022 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.