Construction Journal Entry Week of 8/28/22

8/30-9/2/22 I went up to Camp Serendipity for four days: Tuesday through Friday.

I arrived about noon and found the fire crew just leaving my place. The fire had stalled so there was no change from last week. The crew was going to replace the pump, but they didn't have one they could get right away. They took the old one and left.

I brought my gear up in two trips and hoisted the flag. The temperature was 75 degrees, but it got much hotter later. I had my lunch and then Robert called to check up on things. Then I had my nap and when I got up, I practiced the piano for the rest of the afternoon.

On Wednesday I started by practicing the piano and then listened to the radio for a while. I went into the woods and checked on the salt block, Paul, and Runty. Next, I brought a 5 gallon bucket of water up to Andrew. Then I went in and had my lunch and a nap. I did some reading and then did some work on my mirror tracking mechanism.

On Thursday I practiced the piano, listened to the radio again, and made some more progress on my tracker mechanism. Then I vacuumed the first floor.

After lunch and a nap, I got my tracker driver mechanism working. I was very happy about that. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading.

On Friday morning, I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and just relaxed. After I finished my lunch, Robert drove up and came up to the cabin for a nice visit. I walked back down to Robert's car with him and on the way, he noticed a huge tree that had been uprooted and tipped over. It was leaning against other big trees. The root ball was right at the edge of the creek and was lifted up three feet or so. I was a little late leaving, but everything worked out OK anyway. I left for home at 2:00 o'clock and got home just in time to re-schedule yet another doctor's appointment.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2022 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.