Construction Journal Entry Week of 7/30/23

8/2-4/23 I went up to Camp Serendipity for three days: Wednesday through Friday.

On the way up, I walked the loop at Deception Falls just to stretch my legs. Then at about milepost 9 on Lake Wenatchee Highway I was stopped at a roadblock. While I was waiting in the truck with my engine off, I fell asleep, and the rest of the cars left me. The guy holding the stop sign had to come and wake me up and let me go with the next group of cars. I guess I was ready for a nap.

I arrived at 12:30 and brought my gear up in two trips. I hoisted the flag, had my lunch, and a very welcome nap. When I got up, I did some cleaning, some exercises, and then I showered and shaved and had my dinner.

At 6:00, Ellen, Marilyn, and Marielle arrived. They had spent the day in Leavenworth and were now going to spend the night in the cabin. We visited and then set up beds. Nobody wanted to use the twin bed in the loft because of the heat so we made-up two cots downstairs. They did some more visiting and showering while I practiced the piano.

On Thursday morning Dave called for our usual Thursday morning conversation and I told him that I had visitors. He talked to Marilyn for a while and then we cut the conversation short so we could go back to visiting.

Ellen went out looking for some blackberries and discovered a big toad up by the Privy. She took a nice picture of the toad, but she didn't find any blackberries.

Since it was Thursday, I went through the routine of fertilizing and measuring Tiger, the snake plant. Ellen and Marilyn and I walked to Bill Redmond 's grave and I was able to find it.

Back in the cabin, we had our breakfasts and then tore down the cots and stowed the bedding. Next, the four of us posed for a group picture. Then the three women left to do some hiking and to go home.

I started working on finishing the pantry and had good success. I moved a lot of stuff out of the way and found places for it. Then I demonstrated a proof of concept for how I was going to build a wall between the studs and the fiberglass shower stall. That means I can finish the pantry with no problem.

I went outside down by the parking area to look for boards and I spotted a grouse who also spotted me. We each froze and looked at each other for a while and then I slowly put down the things I was carrying and got my phone out so I could take a picture. I got some videos of the grouse which was kind of fun.

Next, I filled the water jugs but didn't take them outside because it was too hot.

On Friday morning, while it was cool outside, I loaded the jugs into the truck. Then I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and took a short nap. Then I had my lunch and left for home at 12:45 after an enjoyable but short week.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2023 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.