Construction Journal Entry Week of 10/2/22

10/3-7/22 I went up to Camp Serendipity for 5 days: Monday through Friday.

I was able to drive over on US2. There was a 50-minute delay at Grotto, otherwise it was just slow and smoky. I arrived at 1:05 and it was smoky at Camp Serendipity. I brought my gear up in one trip, hoisted the flag, had my lunch and a nap, and then practiced the piano.

On Tuesday, the air was still smoky. I left a phone message for John to find out how he had weathered the hurricane and I left a message for Robert to find out how he's doing. Then I had my breakfast, and my piano practice. Next, I called Dave Bartholomew to answer his e-mail to me. We had a long conversation about what had happened to each of us in the last year. We had some similar health problems.

Next, one of the smoke alarms started chirping so I replaced all three batteries in all three alarms. Then I vacuumed the first floor. I spent the rest of the morning writing and after lunch and a nap, I wrote some more.

On Wednesday it was smoky again. After practicing the piano and listening to the radio for a while, Robert called and caught me up on his activities. Then I did some more writing before lunch and a nap.

When I got up, I did some more writing and since the smoke had sort of abated, I put on a respirator and went outside and checked all the trees. I also brought 5 gallons of water to Andrew. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading.

On Thursday morning it was not too smoky. After practicing the piano, I went back outside with my respirator on and got Cindy the loppers out of the truck. Then I stacked brush on the burn pile. After lunch and a nap, I read and then called Earl.

On Friday morning it was smoky again. I practiced the piano, listened to the radio, and then packed up to leave for home. I left for home at 12:40 after a pleasant week.

Go to Next Journal Entry
Previous Journal Entry

Index to all Journal Entries
Go To Home Page

©2022 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.