Log Home Pictures from 2021, Part 1 of 1

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .This is Page 1 of 1. Go to page 1 next prev

Other years: 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021


This will be our first full year as homeowners of the log home at Camp Serendipity instead of being owner-builders of a construction site, as we have been for 29 years. Now, instead of having our projects mandated and prioritized by the building department, we are free to work on whatever we want, whenever we want. Life is wonderful and getting better as we go. We will continue with some cosmetic and functional projects that we have already started. The loft flooring was completed last year as well as some loft shelving and organization. This year we will start with door casings and baseboards, which will probably make the most noticeable cosmetic change on the inside of the cabin. Then, as time and interest allow, we will try to finish the bedroom closet, or at least the mirror doors. Next will probably be to finish the pantry, and then start on the log wall/drywall interfaces. (One such interface is visible on the left in the first picture below.)

1/5/21 The first of the interior door casings has been completed. I took Bill's advice and used natural materials for the casings on the exterior doors which interface with log walls so they match nicely. This is the front door.


1/12/21 The power went out early in the morning so I cooked my breakfast using the wood stove. Here you see me making a second slice of toast.


1/23/21 This is the view Ellen and I were rewarded with after snowshoeing from the Kahler Glen Sno-Park to Lake Wenatchee. We spent the night at Camp Serendipity when we got back.


2/5/21 Here is a shot of the completed door casing for the back door. The remaining casings, for the interior doors, will be made of more finished lumber. This rustic look was chosen for the exterior doors based on a recommendation from Bill. Good idea.


2/12/21 The trim molding around the hearth was removed when the stove had to be moved. It was not replaced right away because the flooring had to go under it. After that, it was not replaced because the priority was too low. Now, it has bubbled up in priority and this week I replaced the old trim and made two extensions to accommodate the hearth enlargement. Those extensions need to be varnished but I took a picture of them anyway. I'll varnish them when I varnish the next casing boards. This is a shot of the hearth from the back...


2/12/21 ... and this is a shot of the hearth from the front.


2/16/21 This is the lumber for the remaining door casings and baseboards. I carried it up from the truck in nine trips. Each trip meant climbing 56 stairsteps and going over a couple rather steep snow trails. That's a total of 504 steps. Not bad for an old man.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .This is Page 1 of 1. Go to page 1 next prev

Other years: 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021

Go To Home Page

©2021 Paul R. Martin, All rights reserved.